Sunday, November 14, 2010

Homemade Lara Bars..my new project

For reasons not to be disclosed until Christmas time, I’m on a quest to make homemade Lara bars. That are better than Lara bars. I’ve been studying their ingredients and here is what I have.

  1. Dates- their bars are pretty much based off of dates.
  2. Cashews
  3. Almonds
  4. Whole flavorings like Lemon/Lime Juice, Apples, other Nuts, Fruits, or spices.

So I kind of feel like they blend everything together, and then cut into bar shapes. Do they cook it? I don’t know.

I would like to create a more traditional, healthy, granola bar recipe. Then, mabye I could combine the two and come up with something like a Clif Bar.

Any ideas anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Most of their bars are raw, I though? So in general, they wouldn't cook them. Maybe dehydrate some of the ingredients or something, though.

    ReplyDelete