Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cookies!

Today, I had an opportunity to bring in food for school, so what else did I bring but COOKIES!

Here is the recipe:

2 cups flour (white, or whole wheat pastry flour works)

1 teaspoon baking powder (increase to 2 for low altitude)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup raw sugar (this really makes these cookies much better, try not to use granulated white)

1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

vegan chocolate chips, to taste

1/4 cup water (don’t be afraid to add more though, especially at high altitude)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in your final bowl (as in the one you’ll be adding all the ingredients to in the end). Mix sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla into a small bowl and mix well. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet into the middle of it. Stir the dough until well mixed, and then add chocolate chips. Scoop into balls and place on a well greased (that is such a gross word) cookie sheet. Flatten just slightly because otherwise they will come our exactly like you scooped them. (At least here, they don't flatten because of the lack of eggs…I'm thinking) Bake for 10 minutes. Take them out when they’re still soft, because they harden considerably when they’re cooling.

Auf Detusch (In German!)

Denn ich sagst du ich gehe nach Deutschland nachste Jahr, Ich werde poste mein nachste Artikel auf Deutsch und Englisch damit ich kann üben mein Deutsch. Ich hoffen es ist gut für ein zweite jahr deutsch schülerin. Wünsche mich glück :)

(because I told you I’m going to Germany next year, I’m going to post my next Post in German and English so that I can practice my German. I hope its ok for a second year german student. Wish me luck :))

No comments:

Post a Comment