Thursday, December 23, 2010

Misc. and JENNY Bars!

IMG_0050IMG_0052

Here’s some stuff my mom made the other night, some soup and a rice salad? It was really good whatever it was.

IMG_0064 

 

Also, here is the vegan Biscuits and Gravy I got on finals week that I said I would post. Just had to get all those miscellaneous pictures out of the way.

But now for what this post is really about. JENNY Bars, named after the person I am giving them to in a style of a certain date filled bar.

 

I finally came up the recipe, that could still use some fine tuning, but is pretty dang good.

Here is what I’ve got.

the regular flavor? (help me come up with a name for this one)

1 cup whole dates

1 cup dried cherries

2 tbsp water

1 tsp lemon juice

1/2 cup whole almonds

To Make: (This is the important part)

 

1. Using a food processor, chop the almonds until fine, but not a powder. Remove from processor.

 IMG_0073

2.  Chop cherries in the processor until small, almost a mush, remove.

IMG_0066

3. If you have really large dates, chop into pieces. If not, throw them in the processor with the water and lemon juice and mash until there are few chunks left.

IMG_0076 4. Put all ingredients into a separate bowl and mix until thoroughly combined (what I found is that you cant do this is the food processor because it just turns into a big ball and spins around)

5. Spread evenly in the bottom of a pan/container. I used a glass Tupperware type thing.

IMG_0074

Its probably about 9x5 inches? Ill get an exact measurement for you on that.

6. Freeze for about an hour. Remove from freezer and cut into bars, then use a spatula to remove.

I’ll get a lemon flavor up tomorrow. Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment