Here’s some stuff my mom made the other night, some soup and a rice salad? It was really good whatever it was.
Also, here is the vegan Biscuits and Gravy I got on finals week that I said I would post. Just had to get all those miscellaneous pictures out of the way.
But now for what this post is really about. JENNY Bars, named after the person I am giving them to in a style of a certain date filled bar.
I finally came up the recipe, that could still use some fine tuning, but is pretty dang good.
Here is what I’ve got.
the regular flavor? (help me come up with a name for this one)
1 cup whole dates
1 cup dried cherries
2 tbsp water
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup whole almonds
To Make: (This is the important part)
1. Using a food processor, chop the almonds until fine, but not a powder. Remove from processor.
2. Chop cherries in the processor until small, almost a mush, remove.
3. If you have really large dates, chop into pieces. If not, throw them in the processor with the water and lemon juice and mash until there are few chunks left.
5. Spread evenly in the bottom of a pan/container. I used a glass Tupperware type thing.
Its probably about 9x5 inches? Ill get an exact measurement for you on that.
6. Freeze for about an hour. Remove from freezer and cut into bars, then use a spatula to remove.
I’ll get a lemon flavor up tomorrow. Tell me what you think!