Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Once upon a time…

          I have a story for everyone. Ok, So yesterday in my English class we were writing an in-class-essay and my teacher was going to bring in Donuts for us to eat during our essay. Because, of course they were not going to be vegan Doughnuts, so I decided to make some of my own and bring them in. :) So I made the ‘Baked Chocolate-Glazed Donuts’ from The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes by Kris Holecher. They were really easy to make, and baked pretty fast, but they were kind of a mix between a chocolate muffin and a cake donut. I then made icing and glazed them while doing Pre-Calculus homework and then put Autumn sprinkles on them. After all the icing had soaked in, they were pretty good; but I didn’t think they were the best ever.
        So, the next day I took my donuts to school and I have never had that many people tell me that they didn’t believe that my donuts were vegan. Why? Because they tasted like something. That was so exciting! My locker partner stole some and handed them out and a couple people I didn’t even know came up to me and said that I made really good Donuts! Crazyyyy. So next time I’m going to bring in some cream filled fried donuts and then see what everyone thinks about vegan food. Yes!
      Also, today my friend came over who eats with me a lot and is really interested in my Veganism. She had never had Tofu before and so me and my other friend (who eats Tofu all the time) made some for her. All we did was fry it real quick in some bottled sauce I had in my fridge. It was pretty basic tofu. She said it was pretty good, but I was happy that she finally had tofu, and it was no longer that ‘strange white bean curd’ that is really disgusting because all I’ve done is eat it raw. (Which is what I hear almost every day about Tofu).
But lots of fun vegan awareness going on.


IMG_1416 
  Banana-nana Pancakes. For what? I don’t even remember.

IMG_1418
   Linguine with Almonds, Breadcrumbs, and Olives from Supermarket Vegan.











Hummus filled Portobello mushroom caps also from Supermarket Vegan.
IMG_1419

No comments:

Post a Comment